Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's wrong with allowing your children to choose a false religion that will take them to hell?

Well,I hear some ignorant people say to let their children grow up and choose their own religion.


This kind of statement shows how little one cares


about their children's soul.What if your child believes


a lie and is dammed.Do you care?What's wrong with allowing your children to choose a false religion that will take them to hell?
Good point...but don't expect atheists to get it.What's wrong with allowing your children to choose a false religion that will take them to hell?
I feel sorry if you have/will ever have children.





I will bring my children up as Atheist, i will educate them of ALL religions, but not as fact.





When they are old enough they can research and explore religion as they please...





Aslong as if they do decide to become religious, they do not preach to me - I will love them regardless of THEIR beliefs.
First of all, Hell doesn't exist, and the terrifying thought of eternal suffering is the most cruel way to teach, parent, and/or base the values and decisions of your children's futures. The ';soul'; that you say is neglected by free thought is actually most affected negatively by fear and forceful parenting. We all exist on an infinite spectrum of space and time, and the fact that we have the pleasure to live and perceive is a miracle, so why not focus on what really matters? Life. The idea of a conscious power creating your life as a try-out for your eternal second life is ignorant and selfishly based. It may be scary to think there is no Heaven, but it is wrong for children to believe they will be a mound of burning flesh for the rest of eternity. How does it come across to be threatened with Hell before you do something unethical, then be ensured Jesus has forgiven you once you actually do? Try not to be so scared of your own thoughts and imagination. Try to go about your day without thinking someone you've never seen, met, or heard is looking over your shoulder and judging you. Give it a week and see how you feel about this question then.
This is Pascal's wager with a bit of an Edgar Allan Poe twist.





How do *you*know another religion is a lie? Does your book tell you so? How do you know your book is the truth? You assume that it is, but I make no such assumptions, friend.





I think your religion is a lie. At the very least, it's fear and guilt dressed up in the gilded robes of love. You are in hell already, in this very life, and neither I nor my family have any wish to join you. May the prison of your cemented view dissolve swiftly and painlessly.
You cannot choose the road God has for your children. I had a good father and a good mother both different faiths and i feel both are now with God. I think most important is that you live as Jesus did following His Father's commandments and His to love your neighbor as yourself. Judging no one on thier choice or road. It would be very arrogant of us to think there is only one road with all the faiths on earth. There is a reason for all things and we maynot understand the reason but what God has designed it is not ours to question.
Um...how do you ';disallow';?





You can't hold a gun to someone's head and say ';Believe'; and expect them to.





Faith doesn't work that way.





And just because a child follows the ';wrong'; religion doesn't mean that the parents did a poor job in raising him/her. Ever heard of the parable about the lost son?
What if your religion is the wrong one and by forcing it on your child you cause them to burn in hell?





God believes in free will to choose, so you should to. Let your child find his own way because believe it or not you could be wrong.
I agree with you. The teaching of the faith begins in the family home.








We love our children and do not want them to suffer for eternity.





My forth child is only two weeks old and I was arranging his baptism, earlier today.
I dont even think I have heard of a parent that allows their child to choose their religion. Thats like the parent dropping their child off to one church and the parent goiing elsewhere. That is unheard of......where do you people find these questions
A lie as opposed to the TRUTH. Let me explain it to you.





Why do you call the TRUTH, ';religious bias crap?';


Because that's what it is, the TRUTH.
Should I care about my childrens' souls? I'd rather care about their physical and emotional well-being, tangible qualities that I CAN nurture, and that I know exist. I'll let them worry about their own 'souls'.
2 Timothy 4:3: ';For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.';
I feel very sorry for any child of yours, in England I think you'd be classed as a bona fide nutjub %26amp; your kids would be in care.... you intolerant bigot
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. People should be allowed to exercise free will and decide what path is right or wrong for them.
A child cannot be dammed, only rivers and streams!





Ignorant? Huh!
A lie? Are you referring to all religions in the world?





If anyone is ignorant, that's you bud.
All religions are 'lies'. Either way they're not going to Hell or Heaven so why should I care?
Do you guys ever get tired of damning ppl to hell?
I don't believe in hell. My child can choose whatever path they are called to, it's their life, not mine.
Honestly, you are the ignorant one.





If a person can't choose for themselves, what good is their faith?
Man, am I glad you aren't one of my parents.
Unless they believe... they do not see.
What if I don't believe in hell?
what if your religion is a lie?
what if you dont believe in any religion? should you not let them choose?
  • myspaces.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment