Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get a false claim off of my credit rating?

I had a tax lien on me from California and have never lived there. It has since been fixed, but now my credit is ruined. How do I get it taken off of my credit report?How do I get a false claim off of my credit rating?
There are two directions that you should take to get this removed.





First, you should have received a letter from the Franchise Tax Board regarding the error and their agreement to remove the lien. A copy of this letter should be sent with a letter of dispute to the credit bureau reporting the lien.





Second, you should again contact the FTB and have them notify the credit bureau of their error and request the removal of the notation.





I'm not positive, but I believe that tax liens are recorded the same way that judgments are: by independent entities that data load the information directly from the filings. If that is the case then it will be the credit bureau that will have to remove the notation, but they will do so only after being notified of the error by the FTB.How do I get a false claim off of my credit rating?
The quickest way is first request your free credit report from annualcreditreport.com or call Trans Union toll free at


1-877 322-8228. If the tax lien is still on the report, dispute it. They have 30 days to reply or it gets removed.
Are you saying the tax lien was mistakingly applied or that it was legit and has now been resolved?
  • myspaces.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment