Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do you remove a false eviction from your credit report?

I applied for an apartment and was denied because I apparently have an eviction on my credit report. I have never been evicted - in fact I have always paid my rent on time at every property I have rented and have always fulfilled my lease agreements. What should I do? With this on my report, I will never be able to find an apartment. Being denied this apartment is the first I have heard about this eviction (which apparently occurred within the last 90 days).How do you remove a false eviction from your credit report?
小redit repair work械d fine to fix my credit. They disputed and removed lots of bad items from my credit report. I used this service - credit-report-free.totalh.comHow do you remove a false eviction from your credit report?
you can get one free credit report from all the three credit reporting agencies once a year. I can never get them to pick up their phone so write them a letter and ask for that free report.....if you were denied by that apartment complex then ask them for a copy of that credit report that they took the information from. Then make a copy for yourself and send that copy to the credit bureau from where it came from and tell them it's a false statement and that you need them to research it. It will take some time but they will check it out with the apartment complex that gave you that eviction and they will explain themselves. Then you get to explain yourself back to the credit bureau and demand that it be removed. They will remove it...Ask that they send you a copy of your credit report to show you they have removed it.





Normally all 3 credit bureaus exchange info even if they say they don't. So in time you'll need to check to see if the others have listed the eviction as well and get those removed.





So you're asking how you can get an apartment. Well take all the info you have in hand (your complaint to the credit bureau, the info from the place that evicted you, and your rebuttal and a copy of the report where it's been removed) and if you get rejected again just show them all your paperwork (you can give them a copy but make sure you keep your set of papers). Sometimes they will ask for a higher deposit until they check it out....and that's fine...at least it will get you an apartment.


All this may take a while so see if you can live with family or a friend till it's settled (4-6 weeks). I suspect it was just a data entry problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment