Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm worried about a false positive on a drug test. How likely is this?

I've been completely clean and sober for 24 years. I don't take any mood altering drugs, but I do take an albuterol and a flovent inhaler, and Singulair for allergies. I take milk thistle, an herbal. Will any of that cause a false positive?I'm worried about a false positive on a drug test. How likely is this?
There should be a form you have to fill out before you give your specimen; there will be a space there for you to enter what medications you take on a regular basis. Albuterol, Flovent %26amp; Singulair shouldn't cause any issues, but the milk thistle I don't know. Make sure you list 'em so that if there is any sort of issue, the lab and/or reviewing physician can look at that and go ';ahh, of course';.





Other than that, I wouldn't worry overmuch. There's the classic urban legend of eating poppy seeds causing a false positive for opiates; technically it's true, but you'd have to eat SO MANY seeds in such a short span of time that it's just ridiculous.I'm worried about a false positive on a drug test. How likely is this?
explain your medication they will make allowances if they are legal


i would not pass a drugs test in a million years ha ha
no. try not to eat poppy seeds though, as you will false positive for opiates.

No comments:

Post a Comment