Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What happens if I find false information on a ticket that was given to me?

I recently got a ticket and I looked up my court case on a state website and it has me down as the wrong race. Then I noticed on my ticket that it was the wrong race as well. Does this effect my ticket at all?


I've already gone to the general district court and I am currently appealing.What happens if I find false information on a ticket that was given to me?
There are important facts that cannot be incorrect on a ticket and could nullify the ticket. Race wouldn't be one of them. Most of the times it is an optional identifier anyway.





If the information on the violation is right and your name/dob/etc are right then it is proper.





If you have already plead not guilty you can definitely roll the dice with it. You may try speaking to the prosecutor handling the case before you go into court next time. Explain your concerns to him/her and see what they say. They don't want to look stupid in court, if they think it will fly they will do something.What happens if I find false information on a ticket that was given to me?
You don't have to pay it if they don't fill it out correctly. My partner got out of a ticket once because they didn't write the date.
Usually if is brought to the Court's attention they'll correct it.


This does not eliminate your responsibility from the violation.


Unless the person listed on the citation is not YOU.


IE: Name, DOB, DL # etc.


Keep in mind, this is not an arguable defense.
You're probably better off facing the music if it's for something that you actually did. Trying to dodge a ticket on a technicality like that probably won't work but may put you in a bad position if you're standing in front of a judge.
False, or incorrect?. Bring this matter up in court, but if it doesn't relate directly to the violation, I doubt if it would have any effect at all.
No.
You should pay it if you did the crime.


On the other hand


if they couldn't even write the ticket right then there goes all their credibility.


Maybe they will be more careful the next time and so will you.
Race does not matter. If the wrong information is filled in on the ticket, such as race, height, weight, hair color, etc, it does not matter. As long as the elements of the offense are correct the ticket is still valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment