Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can taking the pill give a false negative on a Hpt?

I have been taking the pill for about three months now (since having had my daughter). And I noticed today that my areola are much darker than usual. However, i have taken two Hpts since being on the pill, and both were negative.





I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of being on the pill and getting a negative result on a Hpt when they were pregnant?





Thank you!





P.S. I know that everything I can find online says the pill doesn't cause false negatives, but i was wondering if anyone on here believes that it did for them personally.Can taking the pill give a false negative on a Hpt?
i was on pill n found out i was pregnant at 9wks cos it kept sayin negative.go 2 docs xxCan taking the pill give a false negative on a Hpt?
The birth control pill is NOT one of the medications that can give a false result on a HPT. If you get a negative result, it's best to trust it.





Your areolas can actually appear darker without pregnancy due to a shift or imbalance of hormones.





If you do have other symptoms that continue though, I would definitely retest and go to the doc for confirmation either way.





Good luck!





EDIT~~I should also let you know that the pill has been my only form of birth control for many years and I have never experienced a false negative test result while on the pill.
No, there's nothing that would make your hCG levels seem 5 times lower or higher than the non-pregnant sate (which is what you'd need to get a false reading on an HPT). If you're worried, I'd get a blood test one. Planned Parenthood do them for $15 in the larger branches. Might make you feel better!
Not sure abouth the pill but I had false negative hpt and blood tests. It can happen early in the pregnancy when your body hasn't created enough hcg to be detected by the tests.
no
  • myspaces.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment